Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Pipe To No Where

The place I have just been was like an episode of A Round The Twist. Full of crazy old men who are far too use to being by themselves and have obsessions with jams. The towns largest attraction is a big fuck off whole in the earth, that I am surprised didn't swallow me whole. The food is generous though, which I can appreciate. Sand animation was probably the most satisfying visual art i have ever done. Panning for gold in a mud pool, not fun. The creepy old children's doctors surgery I was staying in was particular interesting, the green blinking toilet light added to the charm. The biggest success of the town is the pipe that pump's water about 700kms. The man who engineered it killed himself because he believed he had failed due to water not reaching the town. Two weeks later it made it their. He gave his horse his teeth before shooting himself, bleak but lovely. The best moment of my whole trip was hearing this,
Lynnly:"Before the pipe they use to bring all the water here by camel."
Rose: "I don't know if I would want to drink water from a camel."

No comments:

Post a Comment